If I Donated to #FightBack Foundation for Kyle Rittenhouse . . . I would Demand Answers
John Pierce of Pierce Bainbridge is involved. Pierce’s financial track record raises red flags.
#FightBack Foundation raising funds for the defense of Kyle Rittenhouse and other issues claimed it had raised $2.1 million as of September 29, 2020. The amount was not updated for over 30 days other than adding a “more than,” on a different #FightBack web page. After a judge said Rittenhouse had to be extradited to Wisconsin on Friday, the Foundation immediately noted the $2 million bond set months ago and asked the public for another $1 million. Where is the money? What happened to the $2.1 million “plus” undisclosed funds presumably raised in the over 30 days after September 29?
***Update — Nov 5, 6:38 p.m.*** Seasoned lawyer Robert Barnes opines on John Pierce and #FightBack. This sets a nice stage and is absolutely worth a look. A packed 60-seconds.
Demands to #Fightback Foundation
If I donated to #FightBack, I would *DEMAND* immediate answers, I would . . .
- *Demand* a full accounting by an independent third-party.
- *Demand* to know precisely how the money I donated was used.
- *Demand* to see John Pierce’s legal bills.
- *Demand* to know if John Pierce is charging legal time and billing for time he spends on Twitter.
- *Demand* to know why John Pierce’s former attorneys have billed more than 24 hours in a single day before.
- *Demand* to know why John Pierce’s law firm said it put him on leave for “personal use” of funds earlier this year?
- *Demand* to know why John Pierce withdrew $200,000 from firm accounts in 2018 while the firm was struggling to make payroll.
- *Demand* to know why John Pierce appears to have basically absconded with $2.5 million from a cash advance lender this February.
- *Demand* to know why 5 vendors and 4 cash advance lenders have sued John Pierce’s firm this year.
- *Demand* to know why John Pierce’s firm recently had a $3,600 default judgment request made against it for alleged failure to pay a debt.
- *Demand* to know more about John Pierce’s tax liens.
- *Demand* to know why John Pierce was rejected for a $1 million SBA loan from Newtek which he said was to be backed/collateralized by a client’s approximately $6 million home.
- *Demand* to know more about a reported $65 million default by John Pierce’s firm in June of this year.
- *Demand* to know how John Pierce received an at least $90,000 loan from an establishment like Citibank.
- *Demand* to know why John Pierce was accused of breaching child support obligations this year.
- *Demand* to know why John Pierce’s former spouse raised concerns about his mental well-being in July of last year.
- *Demand* to know why John Pierce made threats like this to the mother of his children.
Diligence Related to Pierce Bainbridge Beck Price & Hecht Ex-Partners
If I donated to #FightBack, I would do some diligence. . .
- I would seek information on the Pierce Bainbridge Beck Price & Hecht’s financial arrangement with Rudy Giuliani.
- I would seek information as to why David L. Hecht and Hecht Partners LLP — where all of the partners were partners at Pierce Bainbridge Beck Price & Hecht LLP — say the Hecht Partners “current operations” should not be linked at all to John Pierce.
- I would seek information on what the former Pierce Bainbridge General Counsel — Carolynn K. Beck now a partner at Goldstein & McClintock LLLP — has to say about John Pierce and these issues, many of which involve events that transpired while Beck was General Counsel.
- I would seek to find out why a former lawyer for the Securities & Exchange Commission and member of the Board of Trustees at Middlebury College lied under oath for John Pierce — Denver G. Edwards, now a partner at Bradford Edwards & Varlack LLP.
“A Fool and His Money are Soon Parted”
If I had donated to #Fightback, I would demand answers and seek information. I would do it immediately.
I would see not doing so as Foolish.